Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The first day of the rest of my life..

The first Mother's Day, that is.

You know, I had never really given Mother's Day all that much thought until it was getting close. Once it started to approach, I felt excited. Not because I expected, or desired, to get something, but because it just reminded me of my new role. I have been inducted to the Mommy club, and it's a membership that can never be revoked.

I really had a fantastic Mother's Day, thanks to my wonderful husband Brian. He planned the whole thing for me and I couldn't have asked for more. My Mother's day pampering actually started on Saturday with a much needed haircut. I hadn't had one since early December, and it had been a pretty lousy one. But this haircut was fabulous! Then on Sunday morning, we met up with Brian's family for a Mother's Day brunch. After eating, I headed out for more pampering, starting with getting my eyebrows (my caterpillars) threaded.


Yay, sexy hair and nice, clean eyebrows! I don't always look this angry, I promise.


Then I met up with my friend Svaya at the nail salon for a pedicure. I'm not going to lie; I woke up like a kid on Christmas, ready for my pedicure! I hadn't had one for at least a year (since before I found out I was pregnant). It was great catching up with Svaya while our toes got fabulous.


I went for a bright color instead of my normal black or purple.


After all my pampering it was time for the Mother's Day gift I was most excited for! I told Brian that I wanted some nice photos of Zaida and I together. I am always taking photos of her, but I had no nice photos of the two of us together. We headed off to a pretty park and had our little photo session.

Here are my favorite images, except for one, which I am withholding for the official 365 photo; so you will see it later!











































I am so thankful to Brian for the great photos of me with our sweet baby. Hopefully he will oblige for a Daddy-Daughter session come Father's Day!

After our photos, we came home and put miss Z to bed, then we made some homemade pizza and had some wine. I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP