Thursday, April 28, 2011

If our world revolves around sleep, why am I so tired?

Ah, sleep. It's like the pot of gold, the holy grail, or whatever Indiana Jones is looking for. But, not for Zaida. Out of all the genetic traits she could have received from the two of us...why didn't she get Brian's easy sleeping genes? Why, oh why, did she have to receive the curse of my sleepless life? Between her disdain for going to sleep and the fact she's such a light sleeper...it's rough. Every nap involves at least some period of crying and fighting before she gives up. Some days it takes at least 3 tries before she's truly out. And, that's just for naps.

A few weeks ago she had a great night. A 6-7 hour stretch, one feed, and then another 4 hours or so. I was elated. But the following night she woke up around six times. And it's never been close to good since then. Last night was a stellar example of sleepless hell. She woke up twice between 7:30 and 10 PM and woke up every hour and a half after that as well. Then around 3 she was up and she would not back to sleep. I tried to nurse her. I tried the pacifier (which, I still hate, but that's another post), I tried just ignoring her. Nothing worked. I felt out of my mind with frustration. She was finally back asleep a little after five AM and slept until 7 PM. I'm pretty sure that was the longest continuous stretch we had all night.

Ugh.

It was suggested that we get the No Cry Sleep Solution, so I just ordered it. I'm pretty sure that the no crying is meant for me, because that's the point I was at last night. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the book and will read it promptly. Fingers crossed..

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP